Over 100 tennis aces enjoy free sporting session at Ely Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
Tennis fans of all ages descended on Ely Tennis Club over the weekend as part of the Great British Tennis Weekend.
Over 100 tennis players visited the club’s open day to try their hand at the sport for free on Saturday May 14, with some playing tennis for the first time and some returning to the sport.
The club, on Downham Road, welcomed players old and young, with the youngest being three-years-old, and the oldest participant being 85.
Club chairman, Andrew Church, said the afternoon was enjoyed by all.
He said: “The club has been one of Ely’s best kept secrets for a while and we would like more people to have an opportunity to try the game, whoever they are and whatever their ability.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great game for bringing the generations together. Now people can even book courts online with us, without being a member.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody