Occasion fit for Kings
FRIDAY saw Ely Kings Basketball Club holds its presentation evening. The club, which is in its first year, has already grown from just a handful of members to now boasting more than 50 youngsters making up teams for the under-14s and under-16s. Both team
FRIDAY saw Ely Kings Basketball Club holds its presentation evening.
The club, which is in its first year, has already grown from just a handful of members to now boasting more than 50 youngsters making up teams for the under-14s and under-16s. Both teams have played a number of matches during the season against established clubs in the region, which has helped develop the youngsters for the coming season later this year.
The club uses the sports hall at the King's School in Barton Road, Ely, and is open to boys and girls from in and around the area. A big boost to the club just a few months ago was the appointment of former American professional basketball player, Ben Johnson, as coach.
In the under 14s David Mullenger was awarded most valuable player and Henry de Havas-Morais most improved player. In the under 16s section, Stevie Diaz gained the most improved player award and Isaac Huang took the most valuable player.
You may also want to watch:
Certificates were also presented to a number of players and to finish the evening, the players made their own presentations to thank the coaches for all they had done since forming the club.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review