Norwich City to offer youth coaching in Witchford
NORWICH CITY Football Club will be opening a Football Development Centre for talented young boys in Witchford
NORWICH CITY Football Club will be opening a Football Development Centre for talented young boys in Witchford it has been announced.
The centre, opening in September, will be based at Witchford Village College on the college’s new 3G astroturf surface.
Two trial dates have been organised to take place at the City of Ely Community College on Monday, August 23 and Monday, August 30 to select the region’s best under 7-11 players.
Chosen players will then be coached by Norwich City Academy staff at the Witchford centre between 5-7pm on Friday evenings during school terms.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City’s Academy Manager Ricky Martin expressed his delight at opening a new centre in the region.
Martin said: “This development centre will provide an opportunity for young talented players to enhance their footballing development at a professional club with a view to gaining a place at Norwich City Academy.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“Norwich City has a proud record of producing young talented footballers from within East Anglia and opening a centre in the Cambridgeshire region will help this trend to continue.
“We expect this development centre to be successful and I am very much looking forward to seeing these players progress from junior football to Academy football.”
If you wish to book a place for the trial dates or require further information then please contact Jimmy Unwin on 07764 758940 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.