Norton fires six of the Blues’ best
TWO teams from Ely Roller Hockey Club were in action at King s Lynn recently and the Blues got off to a flying start, destroying a Norwich team 13-0 with goals from Sam Norton (6), Dan Salisbury (5), and two from Michael Hart. They were then involved in a
TWO teams from Ely Roller Hockey Club were in action at King's Lynn recently and the Blues got off to a flying start, destroying a Norwich team 13-0 with goals from Sam Norton (6), Dan Salisbury (5), and two from Michael Hart.
They were then involved in a gripping contest with Bury and after a close first-half, where the scores stood at 4-3, they eventually went on to lose 8-3. Norton scored two and Salisbury scored one in this match.
The Blues produced their best performance in a long time in their final match against King's Lynn, where they came from behind to earn a 3-3 draw. Norton scored twice and Salisbury got one, but, if the finishing had been better, they would have gone on to win.
The Greens drew their first match 2-2 against King's Lynn B with goals coming from Max Dunland and Sam Arnold.
They then produced an outstanding performance to over come EC select, with Kasia Parfitt in particularly fine form. Goals came from James Cox (2), Steph Collier (2), Callum Thoday (2), Emma Gillet and Max Dunland.
In their final match, The Greens came from 3-0 down to defeat Colchester 6-3, with goals from Dunland (3), Arnold (2) and Cox.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
Kasia Parfitt and Emma Gillet were voted joint players of the day.
The Greens are currently top of the second division and Blues are second in division one.