NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: There’s no way past Pope as Soham Town Rangers battle out a goalless draw against Grays
- Credit: Archant
Goalkeeper Josh Pope was the star performer as Soham Town Rangers earned a Bostik North Division point last Saturday.
The Greens were reliant on a series of fine saves from their number one when involved in a goalless draw against Grays Athletic at Julius Martin Lane.
The crossbar and a host of Pope saves kept Soham on level terms in the first half, but his best save of all arrived just before the hour to deny visiting player Richard Halle.
Rangers defender Jack Mochalski was then on hand to head a goalbound follow-up effort from Stanley Muguo, who had earlier hit the bar, off the line.
Another home clash, against Ware, was postponed on Tuesday due to a frozen pitch. It has been re-arranged for April 17.
You may also want to watch:
Soham are now due to travel to Ware for the reverse fixture this Saturday. They have slipped to 18th place in the standings after picking up just four points from their five February games.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning