NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: ‘Superb’ Soham end their wait for a win by triumphing at play-off chasing Barking
- Credit: Archant
Assistant boss Erkan Okay hailed ‘superb’ Soham Town Rangers after they collected a first win in five Bostik North Division matches.
The Greens triumphed 2-0 at play-off chasing Barking last Saturday thanks to skipper Lee Chaffey’s opener and a second-half own goal.
Chaffey fired into the roof of the net in the 14th minute after his initial effort had crashed back off the woodwork.
And their advantage doubled midway through the second half when Barking man Tiob Adeyemi chested a Jon Kaye ball past his own goalkeeper and into the net.
Okay said: “We were superb and fully deserved our win. We produced a very mature performance with great discipline and organisation.
You may also want to watch:
“The young lads should be proud of their efforts and the more experienced boys gave them great guidance to help us get the three points and keep a clean sheet against a side chasing the play-offs.
“The togetherness and team spirit was really pleasing to see.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Rangers reward was a rise of three places to 15th in the Bostik North Division standings ahead of a home clash against Aveley at Julius Martin Lane this Saturday, 3pm.