NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Super Soham Town Rangers hammer sorry Norwich United
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Soham Town Rangers bounced back from their opening day defeat in goal-scoring style last night.
The Greens blew away any negativity from their 3-0 loss to AFC Hornchurch on Saturday with a superb 4-1 win over Norwich United at Julius Martin Lane.
Joe Carden kick-started the rout after slotting home on 37 minutes, before Lewis Endacott powered a header into the net 10 minutes after the restart.
Marcus Hall fired home from the spot to extend the hosts’ advantage to three, before Adam Hipperson reduced the arrears will a neat free-kick.
But new signing Matty Allan reinstated Soham’s three-goal lead with his first Greens goal after Norwich stopper Andy Wilton had saved Peter Maina’s goal-bound effort.
You may also want to watch:
Soham’s display impressed assistant manager Erkan Okay, who said: “That was different class from the whole squad.
“I can’t fault the players’ efforts, what a win.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Soham will hope to transfer their positive form over into the FA Cup this weekend. The Greens host Step Five side Cogenhoe United on Saturday (3pm).