NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Super Soham Town Rangers hammer sorry Norwich United
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Soham Town Rangers bounced back from their opening day defeat in goal-scoring style last night.
The Greens blew away any negativity from their 3-0 loss to AFC Hornchurch on Saturday with a superb 4-1 win over Norwich United at Julius Martin Lane.
Joe Carden kick-started the rout after slotting home on 37 minutes, before Lewis Endacott powered a header into the net 10 minutes after the restart.
Marcus Hall fired home from the spot to extend the hosts’ advantage to three, before Adam Hipperson reduced the arrears will a neat free-kick.
But new signing Matty Allan reinstated Soham’s three-goal lead with his first Greens goal after Norwich stopper Andy Wilton had saved Peter Maina’s goal-bound effort.
Soham’s display impressed assistant manager Erkan Okay, who said: “That was different class from the whole squad.
“I can’t fault the players’ efforts, what a win.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
Soham will hope to transfer their positive form over into the FA Cup this weekend. The Greens host Step Five side Cogenhoe United on Saturday (3pm).