NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Soham Town Rangers sign goalkeeper Josh Pope
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers have found a replacement for goalkeeper Niall Conroy.
The Greens, who saw Conroy exit the club earlier in the transfer window, have captured the signing of former Mildenhall Town stopper, Josh Pope.
Pope, 28, was part of the ‘Hall side that scooped the league and cup double last season. He made over 500 appearances for the Suffolk side over a 12 year spell but was forced to leave the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division winners at the end of last season due to work commitments.
He did play for Mildenhall in their pre-season friendly with St Neots last week but left the club following the arrival of Sam Roach from Histon.
Also leaving Histon is midfielder Lewis Clayton, who has penned a deal at Julius Martin Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster was part of the Stutes’ academy before moving up to the first team. He spent last season at St Ives Town.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages