NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Soham Town Rangers capture signing of former Norwich City and Crystal Palace target Matty Allan
- Credit: Archant
A forward scouted by Norwich City and Crystal Palace earlier this year has signed for Soham Town Rangers.
Matty Allan, who caught the attention of top scouts thanks to his 16 goals from the wing last term, has become Robbie Mason’s latest signing.
The 20-year-old rose through the Stutes’ academy set-up and netted hat-tricks in successive games against Barton Rovers and Fleet Town in November.
Joining Allan at Julius Martin Lane is Dan Buddle and Alistair Conway. Defender Buddle has joined the Greens on dual registration from St Neots Town, while Conway, an attacking midfielder, signs from neighbours Newmarket Town.
Soham’s newly-signed trio will take the place of outgoing Ryan Horne and Will Lawton, who left the club over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Horne, who was voted Soham’s player of the season last year, has joined St Neots Town, while Lawton has moved down the non-league ladder to Histon.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident