NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Soham Town Rangers and Ely City learn of FA Cup and FA Trophy opponents
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers and Ely City have discovered who they will take on in the early qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and FA Trophy.
Robbie Mason’s Rangers will host lower-level Cogenhoe United or Godmanchester Rovers on August 19, while the Robins will welcome UCL Premier Division outfit Holbeach United to the Unwin Ground.
The winners of those games will scoop a prize of £1,925.
There’s a case of déjà vu for Soham in the FA Trophy as the Greens travel to Newcastle Town for the second consecutive season on October 7.
They triumphed 3-1 at the same stage of the competition last season thanks to a Dubi Ogbonna double and a Salim Relizani strike.
You may also want to watch:
And Brady Stone’s Ely have been rewarded for their record-breaking run in the FA Vase last season with a bye into the second round proper.
The city side reached the fifth round of the competition last season before losing 3-0 to Sporting Khalsa.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'