NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Erkan Okay confirmed as Soham Town Rangers assistant manager
- Credit: Archant
Erkan Okay has been announced as Soham Town Rangers’ new assistant manager.
The former AFC Sudbury and England C midfielder replaces defender Lloyd Groves, who has decided to focus on playing.
Okay also joins the Greens as a player, but will not make an appearance until the new year as he is to undergo knee surgery.
He said: “I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead.
“I hope my experience will help Rob Mason and the team progress from last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank Rob for giving me this opportunity to get back involved with the game I love.”
The Greens have, however, been hit by the exit of Sam Mulready.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
The striker netted nine goals in as many games last season to help Soham avoid relegation.
He said: “The staff, fans and players were superb. I hope I repaid them with the goals I scored to help with the great escape.”