NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Erkan Okay confirmed as Soham Town Rangers assistant manager
- Credit: Archant
Erkan Okay has been announced as Soham Town Rangers’ new assistant manager.
The former AFC Sudbury and England C midfielder replaces defender Lloyd Groves, who has decided to focus on playing.
Okay also joins the Greens as a player, but will not make an appearance until the new year as he is to undergo knee surgery.
He said: “I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead.
“I hope my experience will help Rob Mason and the team progress from last year.
“I’d like to thank Rob for giving me this opportunity to get back involved with the game I love.”
The Greens have, however, been hit by the exit of Sam Mulready.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 6 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
The striker netted nine goals in as many games last season to help Soham avoid relegation.
He said: “The staff, fans and players were superb. I hope I repaid them with the goals I scored to help with the great escape.”