NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Burwell Swifts net sponsorship deal with Manchetts Recovery
- Credit: Photo: Keith Mindham Photography
Burwell Swifts have netted a one-year sponsorship deal with one of the village’s most well known businesses.
The club has struck a deal with Manchetts Recovery, who will become the Swifts’ shirt sponsors for the season.
The partnership brings together two of Burwell’s longest standing institutions, as both Manchetts Recovery and the Swifts have been part of village life since the 1960s.
The Swifts ply their trade in the Kershaw Senior A Division and kick off their league campaign with a trip to Soham Town Rangers Reserves on August 23.
One of Manchetts’ directors, Sean Manchett, said: “We see this as a great partnership bringing together two local organisations and are delighted to be sponsoring the new Burwell Swifts’ kit this season.
“We are very proud to have our name associated with a fantastic local team like the Swifts and hope that with our support they will be able to achieve great things.
“As a business we have always supported local sport through sponsorship so we are delighted to be able to help our local team in this way.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
“We know that as well as being a great team, the Swifts do a lot of work in the community, introducing children to football and the love of sport, which is vital for a healthy lifestyle.
“The Swifts are an ambitious club who are definitely ready to start moving up the leagues and we want to be there to give them the support they need to help them on their way.”
Craig Harrison, spokesman for Burwell Swifts, said: “It’s great news for the Burwell Swifts that we are being sponsored by a company with the stature of Manchetts. We are delighted with the new strip and are grateful that Manchetts is supporting local sport in this way.
“I believe the sponsorship will make a huge difference to the team. We have lots of great players and with a bit of investment we could definitely aim for promotion.
“We are always looking for support to help the club to drive forward and we are happy that Manchetts has become a part of that.”