Nine-man Robins hold on for win
Great Yarmouth Town 2 Ely City 4
THE Robins were forced to play the second half with nine-men after striker Richard Chadwick and goalkeeper Lee Pacey were given their marching orders.
Despite their reduced numbers, Alan Alsop’s men came out on top over already-relegated Yarmouth, with a hat-trick from Richard Gammon and a Chadwick penalty wrapping up the win.
The Robins were made to sweat late on however, after Yarmouth put two late goals past stand-in keeper Austen Diaper.
The three points keeps Ely top of the Ridgeons Premier Division, though Wroxham could leapfrog them if they beat FC Clacton on Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Ely meanwhile, will take on Royston Town for a spot in the final of the Cambs Invitation Cup against Soham. Kick off at the Unwin Ground is at 7.45pm.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car