Newmarket trainers joined by racing journalists as line up confirmed for 2018 Trainers Commentary Competition
- Credit: Archant
The best of Newmarket’s training talent will be joined by two racing journalists in a bid raise funds for charity as they commentate on a race at the historical home of horseracing.
The six confirmed competitors will take to the commentary position at the Rowley Mile for a chance to successfully call home their designated race.
It comes as part of this year’s Trainers Commentary Competition, being held in aid of the 32Red Newmarket Open Weekend beneficiaries on Saturday September 22.
The trainers already confirmed to take part are Charlie Fellowes – who is also chairman of the 32Red Newmarket Open Weekend – George Scott, Richard Spencer and Ed Vaughan.
They will be joined by Lee Mottershead of the Racing Post and Hayley Moore of At The Races. A seventh and final participant will be announced soon.
You may also want to watch:
The top fundraiser will not only be awarded the Julian Wilson Memorial Trophy, they will also win lunch for six people at the Rowley Mile’s Champions Gallery at the 2019 Craven Meeting.
However, the real race will be who can raise the most for worthy causes including Racing Welfare’s Newmarket Housing Project, the National Heritage Centre at Palace House, the Newmarket Day Centre, the Newmarket Mayor’s charity and the 32Red Newmarket Open Weekend grant which is new for 2018.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
Charlie Fellowes, chairman of 32Red Newmarket Open Weekend, said: “The Trainers Commentary Competition is a fantastic annual occasion and we are very pleased to welcome another round of eager participants for 2018.
“We are particularly excited to welcome Lee Mottershead and Hayley Moore, who excel in their day-to-day roles but who are both keen to experiment with commentating on a race.
“Once again our commentary competition is raising money for a range of worthy causes in Newmarket and I am calling on the support of the racing community to help us raise as much money as possible.”
The races that the competitors will commentate on will be decided nearer the time.
You can donate to the competitors via their individual JustGiving pages, which will be open until Sunday September 30, a week after the competition has taken place.
Just Giving Pages
32red Newmarket Open Weekend Commentary Competition homepage: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/newmarket-racecourses
• Charlie Fellowes: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlie-fellowes1
• Hayley Moore: http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/hayley-moore12
• Lee Mottershead: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lee-mottershead
• George Scott: https://www.justgiving.com/george-scott13
• Richard Spencer: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-spencer18
• Ed Vaughan: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ed-vaughan