New duo take charge of Soham Reserves
SOHAM Town Rangers announced this week that former first team stars Peter Hinde and Steve Bugg have agreed to take over as joint managers of the reserve team from the start of the 2010/11 season, following the departure of Paul Overton.
Hinde, a former club captain, left the Greens at the end of the 2008 campaign having played nearly 300 games during a 10-year spell at the Lane, and was part of the Ridgeons League title winning squad.
Bugg spent four years at Soham, scoring 131 goals in 200 appearances, prior to spells at Bury Town and Newmarket Town.
The Reserves, who play in the Kershaw Senior A League, are in the process of looking for new players ahead of the coming season, which begins on August 17. Anyone interested has been invited to attend pre-season training at Ely Kings Field on Tuesday July 6 at 6.45pm. For more details, please contact either Peter (07770 886156) or Steve (07789 001517).
Elsehwere, Soham boss Ian Benjamin announced he had swooped to re-sign mid-fielder Shawn Richards.
You may also want to watch:
Richards, 19, spent last season at Southern League Premier side Rugby Town after leaving Soham in July 2008 but has become Ian Benjamin’s first signing of the summer after agreeing a return to Julius Martin Lane.
A former trainee with Northampton Town, Richards notched five goals in 14 games for the Greens before opting to move to the Warwickshire side.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Soham front man Dubi Ogbonna, meanwhile, has been linked with a possible move to Scottish giants Celtic after he was spotted at a special trial session in Manchester. Ogbonna, 18, is attracting interest from the Bhoys following a trial at Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium. The former Histon youth star scored 20 goals for Soham in his first full season in the Zameretto League Division One Midlands last year . The youngster has also attracted interest from Celtic’s Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League rivals Aberdeen.