Netballers raised funds for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
Netball Junior and senior members of City of Ely Netball Club helped raised more than £70 for Children in Need.
Club members held a photo night, netball match and raffle, with players of all ages taking part. The event raised £75.60 for the charity.
In their most recent Cambridgeshire Netball League Division 1 match, City of Ely II lost out by a single goal to East Cambridgeshire rivals Burwell II.
Despite leading for most of the match, City had the win snatched away from them in the last quarter. Successive, successful long range shots from the Burwell attack were the nail in the coffin as City fell, 27-26.
City’s player of the match was captain Olivia Petherick.
You may also want to watch:
City of Ely Under 16s, meanwhile, enjoyed a happier outcome in their match against Rookies. Their 29-18 victory keeps them at the top of the County Premier Youth League. Juliet Koopowitz was outstanding in defence.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely