Netball: Title-hopefuls Ely grounded by Jets
Cambridge and District Netball League Division One Ely 27 Jets II 41 ELY S title hopes were dented when they slipped up to the sixth-placed team. Jets started at pace, catching Ely off guard, and ensured they were ahead by eight goals after the first quar
Cambridge and District Netball League Division One
Ely 27 Jets II 41
ELY'S title hopes were dented when they slipped up to the sixth-placed team.
Jets started at pace, catching Ely off guard, and ensured they were ahead by eight goals after the first quarter.
You may also want to watch:
After some dramatic tactical changes things started to look more promising, with Ely getting within five goals at half-time.
But Jets upped their game in the third quarter, confidently stretching the lead further.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Despite some great passing from wing-attack Donna Liddington, Ely's normally solid attack were put under a lot of pressure and the hosts ended the third quarter 13 goals behind.
Amy Beck was moved from wing-defence to goal-shooter in the final quarter as Ely desperately tried to assert themselves and she continuously hit the target, but exhaustion kicked in and they ended the game 14 goals down.
Despite the loss, Ely remain in second place with just two games left. If results go their way, they will face leaders Icons in a final-day-of the-season showdown.