Netball: Soaring success
Littleport-based Falcons Netball Club finished the game for opposition Over on Sunday with a 31 – 28 win in the Cambridge and District Netball League. Falcons and Over started off the game matching goal for goal ending the first and second quarters equal
Littleport-based Falcons Netball Club finished the game for opposition Over on Sunday with a 31 - 28 win in the Cambridge and District Netball League.
Falcons and Over started off the game matching goal for goal ending the first and second quarters equal on 7-7 and 15-15 Falcons picked up pace after half time though scoring just one goal more than Over at 21-20. Determined to win Falcons soared through the final quarter well deserving the six points they earn with their 3 goal win.
Falcons are now giving first-place Haddenham II a run for their money jumping up the league to 2nd position. With 4 games left in the season Falcons are raring to go.
If you would like to join the Falcons, who train on Monday evenings at Littleport Leisure Centre from 7pm, contact Laura on 01353 662088 or Victoria on 01353 863770 or visit their website at www.birdswithballs.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
n Playing at home, Ely beat Cottenham II reasonably easily, 40-23. Ely II secured an excellent win, 41-24, against Cottenham III.
On Saturday, Ely were forced to make changes when they travelled to meet Royston II. Drawing upon the second team squad for two players, Ely adapted their game admirably.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Despite falling behind by half a dozen goals twice in the match, Ely showed great resolve and teamwork clawing their way back into contention.
In the end Ely lost 31-33 but remain top of the table.