Netball: Players adapt well to secure further success
Ely 53 Milton 24 ELY continued their unbeaten run with a comfortable win that keeps them at the summit of Division One. Last minute changes saw Cassie Start and Paula Edwards taking up new positions as goal shooter and goal defence respectively, and both
Ely 53 Milton 24
ELY continued their unbeaten run with a comfortable win that keeps them at the summit of Division One.
Last minute changes saw Cassie Start and Paula Edwards taking up new positions as goal shooter and goal defence respectively, and both adapted well to put in solid performances.
Lisa Martin also played an excellent match as wing attack, intercepting well and creating spaces and opportunities on the court.
You may also want to watch:
All at Ely Netball Club would like to congratulate Sally Shipley and Lisa Martin, who both passed their Netball Beginner Umpiring Awards last week.
Haddenham II 24 Comberton IV 20
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
IN a fast and furious weather interrupted match, Haddenham's second team claimed a narrow victory.
The match began on the outdoor courts, and when driving rain gave way to hailstones, the match continued indoors, with both teams agreeing to play short quarters to ensure a finish.
Haddenham II fought hard and took a deserved win and player of the match, goal defence Vicky Bailry, had an exceptional game.