Netball: Ely on course for promotion
Cambridge and District Netball League Division One Ely 40 Comberton III 17 SECOND-PLACED Ely kept up their promotion challenge with a fine win in a fast-paced match. Ely have experimented with positions in the last two matches but switched to a more orth
Cambridge and District Netball League Division One
Ely 40 Comberton III 17
SECOND-PLACED Ely kept up their promotion challenge with a fine win in a fast-paced match.
Ely have experimented with positions in the last two matches but switched to a more orthodox line-up on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Forwards Jenny Calvert Katie Child battled against strong winds to put Ely ahead in the first two quarters, while some brilliant defensive interceptions in the centre court by George Barnes and Cassie Start ensured Comberton's chances were limited. Comberton suffered a second injury on the stroke of half-time and had to go into the second half with only six players. Ely took full advantage, bringing on Amy Beck at goal attack to further their lead by 14 goals at the end of the third quarter.
Olivia Petherick made a welcome return to the side after a break to have her first child and was bought on as goal keeper for the last quarter, where her close marking ensured Ely retained a good defensive record.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Calvert and Beck swapped shooting positions and their accuracy helped to secure the 23-goal win.
Ely face sixth-place Jets on Saturday, March 31.