Ely Netball Club awarded grant for new equipment
- Credit: Archant
Ely Netball Club has been awarded a grant of more than £500 to upgrade their playing equipment.
During their training session this week, members were able to try out their newly purchased equipment which included ‘crazy catches’, new netballs, as well as playing bibs.
The new items will allow the club to expand their classes, as well as offer an alternative variation of the sport with a new ‘walking netball’ class.
The club became the latest local group to benefit from funding courtesy of Huntingdon-based Construction Company Mick George Ltd.
Marie Stevenson, social secretary at Ely Netball Club, said: “This has been a fantastic opportunity for Ely Netball Club and netball in the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“With Mick George Ltd’s help we are now able to promote the sport in more ways and have already seen an increase in participation with the addition of walking netball.
“We welcome ladies of all backgrounds and abilities to give it a go at any of our sessions.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George Ltd, said: “The new Mick George Sports Fund is a fantastic avenue for any local sports club to consider sending a request of funding to.
“Not only does it allow clubs to improve their current equipment and training facility offering, it in turn increases the chances of more participation as a result of this.”
If you are interested in finding out more about Ely Netball Club, and the classes that they offer, please contact email@example.com