Ely Netball Club awarded grant for new equipment
- Credit: Archant
Ely Netball Club has been awarded a grant of more than £500 to upgrade their playing equipment.
During their training session this week, members were able to try out their newly purchased equipment which included ‘crazy catches’, new netballs, as well as playing bibs.
The new items will allow the club to expand their classes, as well as offer an alternative variation of the sport with a new ‘walking netball’ class.
The club became the latest local group to benefit from funding courtesy of Huntingdon-based Construction Company Mick George Ltd.
Marie Stevenson, social secretary at Ely Netball Club, said: “This has been a fantastic opportunity for Ely Netball Club and netball in the local community.
“With Mick George Ltd’s help we are now able to promote the sport in more ways and have already seen an increase in participation with the addition of walking netball.
“We welcome ladies of all backgrounds and abilities to give it a go at any of our sessions.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 4 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 8 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George Ltd, said: “The new Mick George Sports Fund is a fantastic avenue for any local sports club to consider sending a request of funding to.
“Not only does it allow clubs to improve their current equipment and training facility offering, it in turn increases the chances of more participation as a result of this.”
If you are interested in finding out more about Ely Netball Club, and the classes that they offer, please contact email@example.com