Neal steals in
RIDGEONS LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 3 Wisbech Town 2 NEAL Docking slid in to grab a late winner for Mildenhall to keep them level on points with Needham Market at the top of the table. Gareth Simpson gave the home side the lead after he wa
RIDGEONS LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 3
Wisbech Town 2
NEAL Docking slid in to grab a late winner for Mildenhall to keep them level on points with Needham Market at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Simpson gave the home side the lead after he was put through by Wayne Goddard. who then curled home a free-kick to make it 2-0.
Wisbech fought hard to get back into the match and were gifted a goal just before half-time.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Mildenhall failed to clear the ball and a shot flew in, deflecting off Graham Rush.
Wisbech capitalised on another defensive error to equalise in the 70th minute after Rush mis-controlled the ball.
The home side fought back with some superb, flowing football.
The winner came in the final five minutes when Louie Farrington played a one-two with Ozzie Foster on the edge of the box before crossing for Docking to slide in.
Assistant manager Wayne Goddard said: "We've got a strong work ethic throughout the team as well as very talented footballers, and that was evident for all to see."
# Mildenhall's next match is at Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday.