Nato Crowned Champion Of Champions
ELY man Nato Ficarra was crowned European Karate s Champion of Champions this week at a special ceremony in Italy. Ficarra, 41, was handed the award in Milan by the president of the Italian Karate Federation (FIKTA) Giuseppe Perlati, in recognition for
ELY man Nato Ficarra was crowned European Karate's 'Champion of Champions' this week at a special ceremony in Italy.
Ficarra, 41, was handed the award in Milan by the president of the Italian Karate Federation (FIKTA) Giuseppe Perlati, in recognition for his recent success in the sports European Championships.
Ficarra was crowned singles and team champion in December 2008 for a second time, after first winning the titles 16 years previously, a feat never before achieved in the sport.
A delighted Ficarra said: "The awards evening was a special event for me and it was great to have been recognised for doing what I love.
You may also want to watch:
"I will be able to take some time off now before I start up my training again in September to try and defend my title which I am very much looking forward to.
"I am also hoping to be able to get the Wadoryu discipline of the sport into the Olympics in the future and I would love to be involved in that in some way as well.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash