Munns Scores His Debut Win For Ely
A SINGLE goal from Robbie Mason was enough to hand Ely City a 1-0 win over promotion hopefuls Leiston. The Robins were seldom troubled by the high-flying visitors in a vastly improved performance from the weekend s loss at home to Felixstowe, and sealed t
A SINGLE goal from Robbie Mason was enough to hand Ely City a 1-0 win over promotion hopefuls Leiston.
The Robins were seldom troubled by the high-flying visitors in a vastly improved performance from the weekend's loss at home to Felixstowe, and sealed the points courtesy of Mason's early strike.
Boss Trevor Munns, said: "We played really really well, we passed the ball with confidence and we had a lot of chances. We made a few changes to our line-up and tactics and it paid for us so I'm pleased.
"The players are still getting used to me and I'm still getting used to them though so it's going to take time but we have started well."
You may also want to watch:
The win moves Ely on to 41 points, just five behind Munn's club of seven years, Mildenhall who Ely will come up against this coming Monday. They must first face off against Harwich and Parkeston at the weekend though.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station