Motorsport: Jarvis signs up for top F3 drive
OLIVER Jarvis, the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner from Burwell, has signed with Carlin Motorsport to race for the team s British Formula Three squad in 2006. Although only 22 years old, Oliver has already impressed the discerning UK motor sport frat
OLIVER Jarvis, the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner from Burwell, has signed with Carlin Motorsport to race for the team's British Formula Three squad in 2006.
Although only 22 years old, Oliver has already impressed the discerning UK motor sport fraternity. Last year Oliver won the Formula Renault Championship, a competitive series which has produced F3 winners in previous years and in December, he was crowned with the prestigious end of season McLaren Autosport BRDC Award in London.
"I'm thrilled to have an opportunity to move up to the Formula 3 category with the reigning championship winners Carlin Motorsport," the former King's School, Ely pupil said.
"Formula 3 represents a significant step upwards in my learning curve and this will be by far and away the toughest challenge for me as a driver and a real test of my racing and technical capabilities. I got on really well with the team at Pembrey when we tested just before Christmas. I was delighted when Trevor Carlin offered me the seat and I'm really pleased to be joining such a successful and professional team."
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Carlin, managing director of Carlin Motorsport, said: "We are delighted to have signed Oliver to drive for Carlin Motorsport's F3 team this year.
"We are only two wins from our 100th victory now and with all of Oliver's experience on the British tracks this should hopefully prove useful when the season starts at Oulton Park on April 16.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
"Oliver has impressed us in the pre-Christmas testing and we are looking forward to seeing him progress with us. I am anticipating that Oliver should be in a position to challenge for race wins from the start and to be able to mount a challenge for overall honours."
The announcement of Jarvis' signing was made at the Autosport International racing car show last week at the NEC in Birmingham.
Fans of Oliver Jarvis can find out all his latest news by visiting www.oliverjarvisracing.com or www.carlin.co.uk