Motorsport: Jarvis signs up for top F3 drive
OLIVER Jarvis, the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner from Burwell, has signed with Carlin Motorsport to race for the team s British Formula Three squad in 2006. Although only 22 years old, Oliver has already impressed the discerning UK motor sport frat
OLIVER Jarvis, the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner from Burwell, has signed with Carlin Motorsport to race for the team's British Formula Three squad in 2006.
Although only 22 years old, Oliver has already impressed the discerning UK motor sport fraternity. Last year Oliver won the Formula Renault Championship, a competitive series which has produced F3 winners in previous years and in December, he was crowned with the prestigious end of season McLaren Autosport BRDC Award in London.
"I'm thrilled to have an opportunity to move up to the Formula 3 category with the reigning championship winners Carlin Motorsport," the former King's School, Ely pupil said.
"Formula 3 represents a significant step upwards in my learning curve and this will be by far and away the toughest challenge for me as a driver and a real test of my racing and technical capabilities. I got on really well with the team at Pembrey when we tested just before Christmas. I was delighted when Trevor Carlin offered me the seat and I'm really pleased to be joining such a successful and professional team."
Trevor Carlin, managing director of Carlin Motorsport, said: "We are delighted to have signed Oliver to drive for Carlin Motorsport's F3 team this year.
"We are only two wins from our 100th victory now and with all of Oliver's experience on the British tracks this should hopefully prove useful when the season starts at Oulton Park on April 16.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
"Oliver has impressed us in the pre-Christmas testing and we are looking forward to seeing him progress with us. I am anticipating that Oliver should be in a position to challenge for race wins from the start and to be able to mount a challenge for overall honours."
The announcement of Jarvis' signing was made at the Autosport International racing car show last week at the NEC in Birmingham.
Fans of Oliver Jarvis can find out all his latest news by visiting www.oliverjarvisracing.com or www.carlin.co.uk