Motorbike Starlet Needs Helping Hand
LITTLE Downham motorbike starlet Stephanie Waddelow, looks set to join the long queue of racers without a ride in 2010 after her racing team announced they were in danger of folding. Eighteen-year-old Stephanie, the 2008 Superteen Champion and front runne
LITTLE Downham motorbike starlet Stephanie Waddelow, looks set to join the long queue of racers without a ride in 2010 after her racing team announced they were in danger of folding.
Eighteen-year-old Stephanie, the 2008 Superteen Champion and front runner in the 2009 Triumph Triple Challenge, had hoped to continue racing in the Triumph Triple Challenge in 2010 with the support of long term partner SS Racing.
However, due to the financial crisis and loss of title sponsor Signal UK over Christmas, SS Racing has been left in a difficult situation that could see it fold on March 1 unless funding is found.
Steve Shepherd of SS Racing said "It is a real shame that we have been unable to secure adequate funding to keep Stephanie's career on track into 2010. Steph has shown that at 18 years-of-age she has the potential to be the female 'Valentino Rossi' and the results we have achieved together on a fraction of the budget of our competitors only highlights her abilities."
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie has shown outstanding potential not only as she was the first woman to win a Superteen title, but her continued development has seen her score countless records for qualifying on pole position as well as registering numerous race wins.
Stephanie said " I would like to thank all of my sponsors, family, friends and supporters for the belief and support they have shown in me over the past three years, allowing me to concentrate on my racing with fabulous results.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
"Neither myself nor team manager has given up on 2010 yet but it's not looking promising."
If anyone can help Stephanie and her team with their goal of racing in 2010 please contact Graham Waddelow on 0774 7161715 or Stephen Shepherd on 01892 825952 or alternatively through the website www.flossyracing.co.uk.