Motocross: Battling George the wheel deal!
TEENAGER George Redhead is way out in front when it comes to motocross racing. The 13-year-old Soham Village College student, who started riding at the age of eight, already has a string of victories to his name. He fought off fierce competition to win th
TEENAGER George Redhead is way out in front when it comes to motocross racing.
The 13-year-old Soham Village College student, who started riding at the age of eight, already has a string of victories to his name.
He fought off fierce competition to win the 2006 championship of the small wheel 85's section at one of his clubs, Stevenage Schoolboy Scrambling Club.
He also finished joint-second with the Peterborough Junior Motocross Club and won last year's winter series. He has regularly been in the top six during the year at his third club, the Cambridge Junior Scramble Club.
You may also want to watch:
George has regained significant placings within the sport after a serious back injury 18 months ago.
The main part of the season is drawing to a close but George will be competing in one-off races throughout the winter season.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
He would like to thank sponsors Doxo Racing, Alice Racing and Paul Nobbs Motorcycle Repairs of Sutton, and anyone interested in backing him should contact 07742 190038.