Motocross: Battling George the wheel deal!
TEENAGER George Redhead is way out in front when it comes to motocross racing. The 13-year-old Soham Village College student, who started riding at the age of eight, already has a string of victories to his name. He fought off fierce competition to win th
TEENAGER George Redhead is way out in front when it comes to motocross racing.
The 13-year-old Soham Village College student, who started riding at the age of eight, already has a string of victories to his name.
He fought off fierce competition to win the 2006 championship of the small wheel 85's section at one of his clubs, Stevenage Schoolboy Scrambling Club.
He also finished joint-second with the Peterborough Junior Motocross Club and won last year's winter series. He has regularly been in the top six during the year at his third club, the Cambridge Junior Scramble Club.
George has regained significant placings within the sport after a serious back injury 18 months ago.
The main part of the season is drawing to a close but George will be competing in one-off races throughout the winter season.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
He would like to thank sponsors Doxo Racing, Alice Racing and Paul Nobbs Motorcycle Repairs of Sutton, and anyone interested in backing him should contact 07742 190038.