Morley in pole position
Craig Morley leads the Aprilia RS 125 Superteen championships after a strong showing at Kent track Lydden Hill at the weekend. The 17-year-old from Prickwillow tops the championship table with 145 points, ahead of Scotland s Tim Hastings on 112. Craig, a
Craig Morley leads the Aprilia RS 125 Superteen championships after a strong showing at Kent track Lydden Hill at the weekend.
The 17-year-old from Prickwillow tops the championship table with 145 points, ahead of Scotland's Tim Hastings on 112.
Craig, a former City of Ely Community College pupil, could finish only sixth and seventh respectively in Saturday's two heats as he struggled to get to grips with a standard engine.
But he improved on Sunday to take a second- and third-placed finish and stay ahead of the rest in the championship.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager and father Mark Morley said: "Craig doesn't like Lydden Hill - it's a very twisty, turny track, and every time he's ridden there in the past, he's come off the bike.
"I felt we needed to get some more drive out of the corners rather than top-end speed on the Saturday - the last thing we wanted was problems with reliability - so we went with a bog-standard engine, which he struggled with.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
"We stripped the engine down for the Sunday and he fared much better."
Craig will be hoping to continue his success when he races in the third round of the championship at Mallory Park at the end of the month.