Morley holds pole position for title challenge
Ely racer Craig Morley still leads the Aprilia RS125 Superteen championship after another successful round at Mallory Park this weekend. Craig, 17, overcame a poor first race to earn a first and two seconds and maintain his lead at the top of the champion
Ely racer Craig Morley still leads the Aprilia RS125 Superteen championship after another successful round at Mallory Park this weekend.
Craig, 17, overcame a poor first race to earn a first and two seconds and maintain his lead at the top of the championship.
Craig has 209 points, while Northwich rider Connor Behan is second with 180 points.
Craig's front brake went half-way through the first race and he could only finish seventh, but with a fully-functioning bike in the latter races he showed his true ability.
Team manager and father Mark said: "Craig did really well, especially in the first race when his front brake went. He had to ride around the track using just the rear brake, which is not an easy thing to do."
The sharp bends of the Leicestershire circuit really tested Craig, but once again the Prickwillow lad showed what cahmpions are made of, putting in a fine performance.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
The championship looks to be a close-run thing going into the next round later this month at Brands Hatch.
Craig is sponsored by Mac Construction.