More woe for Greens as Dereham take win
- Credit: Archant
Ryman League Division One North Dereham Town 3 Soham Town Rangers 1
SOHAM’S losing streak stretched into its fifth consecutive match on Tuesday night as they lost out to Dereham.
After picking up two wins from their opening four matches, the reens have suffered a notable dip in form that has seen them lose five straight matches and concede 12 goals.
Tuesday night’s match at Dereham saw the Greens go in at half-time a goal down despite winger Buster Harradine having three good chances to put Steve Fallon’s side in front.
Dereham added a second goal shortly after the break and sealed the three points in the last five minutes of the match. James McCade popped up with a late consolation in injury time, his first of the season, but it came too late to trouble the hots.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens travel to mid-table Erith and Belvedere on Saturday in search of their first win this month.
Soham came into the match on the back of a 3-1 loss to VCD Athletic on Saturday at Julius Martin Lane.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
It was Soham who moved into the lead two minutes before the break when after James McCabe headed against the woodwork, James Hall picked up the loose ball and drilled a low shot in at the near post.
Six minutes after the restart, the visitors restored parity through Karl Dent, the striker collecting the ball in the area and smashing past Bircham, who was unsighted amid a sea of bodies.
VCD kicked on and moved into the lead 78th minute when Karl Dent popped up in space at the back post to apply a simple finish to a low cross.
Soham thrown caution to the wind in a bid to get back into the match in the closing stages but were hit on the break in injury time and Dan Bircham conceded a penalty. Dent made no mistake to score his second of the game and wrap up the three points.