More success for Ely bowlers
THERE was yet more success for Ely bowlers last week when Ellen Falkner helped England to victory in the Women s Home International Series. Falkner, 26, was in excellent form in the outdoor tournament in Llandrindod Wells, Wales, as the England team trium
THERE was yet more success for Ely bowlers last week when Ellen Falkner helped England to victory in the Women's Home International Series.
Falkner, 26, was in excellent form in the outdoor tournament in Llandrindod Wells, Wales, as the England team triumphed over Ireland, defending champions Wales, Jersey and Scotland.
And Falkner revealed how sweet the victory was for the team. She said: "We finished third last year so it was fantastic that we regrouped and responded so well.
"It is a tremendous achievement for the team to turn a negative into a positive."
You may also want to watch:
The England challenge began with a 113-79 victory over Ireland and a closely-fought 99-90 win over Wales in a tough first day.
Falkner said: "It was vital that we got off to a good start and we just about did enough to edge Wales in a very tight match."
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
England then saw off Jersey 128-79 before completing a clean sweep with an 87-80 win over Scotland.
Falkner said: "We got off to a slow start against Jersey and we were behind to Scotland but we showed real character to fight back and win.