More success for Ely bowlers
THERE was yet more success for Ely bowlers last week when Ellen Falkner helped England to victory in the Women s Home International Series. Falkner, 26, was in excellent form in the outdoor tournament in Llandrindod Wells, Wales, as the England team trium
THERE was yet more success for Ely bowlers last week when Ellen Falkner helped England to victory in the Women's Home International Series.
Falkner, 26, was in excellent form in the outdoor tournament in Llandrindod Wells, Wales, as the England team triumphed over Ireland, defending champions Wales, Jersey and Scotland.
And Falkner revealed how sweet the victory was for the team. She said: "We finished third last year so it was fantastic that we regrouped and responded so well.
"It is a tremendous achievement for the team to turn a negative into a positive."
The England challenge began with a 113-79 victory over Ireland and a closely-fought 99-90 win over Wales in a tough first day.
Falkner said: "It was vital that we got off to a good start and we just about did enough to edge Wales in a very tight match."
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
England then saw off Jersey 128-79 before completing a clean sweep with an 87-80 win over Scotland.
Falkner said: "We got off to a slow start against Jersey and we were behind to Scotland but we showed real character to fight back and win.