Mixed Results For Regions Boxers
THERE was mixed news for the district s boxers at the Junior ABA quarter-finals held in Essex at the weekend. While All Comers Alfie Smith scored a satisfying majority points victory over Louis Adolphe of Earlsfield ABC, there was disappointment for Hadd
THERE was mixed news for the district's boxers at the Junior ABA quarter-finals held in Essex at the weekend.
While All Comers' Alfie Smith scored a satisfying majority points victory over Louis Adolphe of Earlsfield ABC, there was disappointment for Haddenham ABC's Tyler Goodjohn as he lost by unanimous decision to Tom Baker of Repton ABC.
Taking place at Canvey ABC's gym just outside of Benfleet, the quarter-final stage of the Junior ABA Championships brought together some of the eastern region's brightest young talent.
Coming into his tie Alfie Smith would doubtless have had his NACYP championship defeat to Adolphe last month fresh in his mind but the youngster battled hard to secure a polished victory.
You may also want to watch:
Goodjohn however, didn't fare as well as he lost out in a bitty fight against the incumbent NABC champion at under-66kgs Baker.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months