Mixed Results For Fordham Teams
FORDHAM 1st XI disappointed in their opening match in the Tucker Premier League as they slipped to a five wicket defeat at the hands of Bluntisham. Fordham opted to bat first but largely disappointed as they struggled to deal with the hostile pace of Blun
FORDHAM 1st XI disappointed in their opening match in the Tucker Premier League as they slipped to a five wicket defeat at the hands of Bluntisham.
Fordham opted to bat first but largely disappointed as they struggled to deal with the hostile pace of Bluntisham bowler Graham Parks, who took five wickets to restrict the home side to 129.
Mark Silcock (32) and Mark Abbott (29) offered determined resistance for Fordham but both ultimately fell victim to a rampaging Parks.
Despite a modest total to defend, Fordham set about their task with all the pace and aggression of a West Indian triumvirate of days gone by and soon had the visitors struggling on 71-4.
You may also want to watch:
For all their efforts though Fordham's strike bowlers were unable to remove the visitors early enough and a timely 31 from visiting captain Paul Bigger, was enough to steer Bluntisham to victory.
There was better news meanwhile, for Fordham 2nd XI as they brushed aside St Ives by five wickets.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
St Ives racked up 181-5 from their 40 overs with Sean Brightly and Andy Barker taking two wickets a piece.
Fordham were strong in reply and fine innings from trio Chamila Priyankara (41) Scott Blaber (40) and Neil Clark ensured the home side moved into a dominant position. A fine innings from 14 year-old Ryan Clark (11 not out) as he guided the team home, completed a fine performance.
In Division 5C Fordham 3rd XI were pipped at the post by NCI in a high scoring thriller. Fordham posted 230-9 from their 40 overs and were shaping up well for victory before NCI's Mark Heffernan took to the crease and brought the visitors home with a stunning knock of 156 not out.