Mixed fortunes for city’s teams
Ely RUFC Mini-Section Ely under-12s met Shelford B twice on Sunday, winning the first encounter 7-5 thanks to a Sean Hemmings try which Ryan Clark converted. In the second match Shelford again scored first, but Ely responded with two tries from Ry
Ely RUFC Mini-Section
Ely under-12s met Shelford B twice on Sunday, winning the first encounter 7-5 thanks to a Sean
Hemmings try which Ryan Clark converted.
In the second match Shelford again scored first, but Ely responded with two tries from Ryan Pease.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts tired towards the finish however, and Shelford ran out 21-14 winners.
Tigers' under-10s also faced Shelford, and the concession of four early tries left them with too much to do in the first match which they lost 25-10.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
They started better in the second game, but again lost 25-10.
The under-9s meanwhile faced Shelford three times, failing to score as they went down 5-0, 25-0 and 20-0.
Ely RUFC Youth Section
Ely under-13s entertained Newmarket, but lost 21-17 after the lead switched hands several times.
Miles Orvis, Liam Cooper and Adam Featherstone were amongst the points and Jimmy Adams converted to put the Tigers 17-14 ahead, but the visitors also managed a converted try to claim victory.