Wilburton triumph on opening day as frustration looms for City of Ely
- Credit: Daniel Mason/Archant
Triumph and frustration are perhaps the two emotions that ran through some of our local cricketers on Saturday.
For Wilburton, they secured a win in their first game of the season, Campbell Saul’s 91 firing Tom Walker’s men to a 53-run success over Cambourne 2nds in CCA Senior League Division Two.
Wilburton 2nds reigned supreme at St Ives & Warboys 3rds in Division Three North by 26 runs after successfully defending a score of 109, while the 3rds suffered an 82-run defeat at home to Sutton 2nds in Division Five North.
Meanwhile, City of Ely were on their way to posting a 200-plus score against Chatteris in their CCA Senior League Division One opener had it not been for rain causing the match to be abandoned after 37 overs.
Ely’s 2nds were in action, however, but lost by seven wickets at St Ives & Warboys 2nds in Division Two North.
You may also want to watch:
On May 22, Wilburton visit Cambourne 2nds, the 2nds host Chatteris 2nds at The Piece Ground and the 3rds go to City of Ely 3rds.
Ely are at Royston, the 2nds welcome Histon 3rds to the Paradise Centre while on Sunday, Houghton & Wyton are the visitors in Division Five of the Hunts League.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank