Mixed bag fr turnament Tigers
Under-9 ELY Tigers travelled away t Haverhill n Sunday fr a mini-turnament in which they played three games against Stwmarket, Haverhill and a mixed team f players frm bth Haverhill and Stwmarket. The first game saw Ely scre tw first-half tries
ELY Tigers travelled away t Haverhill n Sunday fr a mini-turnament in which they played three games against Stwmarket, Haverhill and a mixed team f players frm bth Haverhill and Stwmarket.
The first game saw Ely scre tw first-half tries including ne frm Matthew Buckingham, and there was als a secnd half try frm Jamie Sanghera t make the final scre 3-1 t Ely Tigers.
The secnd game against Haverhill was very hard fught with fine tackling frm the backs - in particular Harry Alexander and Anthny Riches - and superb frward play with great displays frm Ryan Matn and Jsh Burns.
The game lked like it was heading fr a 0-0 draw until the last minute when Haverhill managed t scre a try in the crner.
The last game saw Ely pitted against the best f bth Stwmarket and Haverhill.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Again it was a gd game f rugby, with a fine display frm the Ely frwards including Bbby Barker and Alex Matcham.
It was a clse game with the ppsitin taking a first half lead but Ely scred a secnd half equaliser when Anthny Riches brke thrugh the defence with a jinxing run.
Final scre Ely Tigers 1 Haverhill/Stwmarket 1.