Mixed bag for budding Tigers
Stowmarket I 22 Ely Tigers I 0 TIGERS are still seeking their first league win of the season but the young team showed encouraging signs against Stowmarket. The home side opened the scoring with a converted try on 10 minutes but the Tigers got back into t
Stowmarket I 22 Ely Tigers I 0
TIGERS are still seeking their first league win of the season but the young team showed encouraging signs against Stowmarket.
The home side opened the scoring with a converted try on 10 minutes but the Tigers got back into the game and threatened the try line with waves of attacks.
However, the unlucky visitors were unable to break through and the home side held on to their lead going into the break.
Handling errors and penalties crept into the Ely game in the second half and Stowmarket took advantage to score a try and penalty to extend their lead to 17-0.
A try in the final minute gave the home side a flattering 22-0 victory.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
Greene King Premier League
Cambridge Exiles 12 Ely Tigers II 43
TIGERS dominated and James Denning's opening try was quickly followed by Mark Egerton's try and Pete Vousden's conversion.
Craig Rands touched down for his first try but Exiles scored twice to make the half-time score 17-12 to Ely.
Tigers upped their game after the break and tries from Tom Evans and Lee Benzie gave the visitors a 29-12 lead.
A penalty try was awarded when Rands broke through and he rounded off the scoring with a try in the corner. Both scores were converted by Vousden to guide Ely to a 43-12 win.