Mixed bag for budding Tigers
Stowmarket I 22 Ely Tigers I 0 TIGERS are still seeking their first league win of the season but the young team showed encouraging signs against Stowmarket. The home side opened the scoring with a converted try on 10 minutes but the Tigers got back into t
Stowmarket I 22 Ely Tigers I 0
TIGERS are still seeking their first league win of the season but the young team showed encouraging signs against Stowmarket.
The home side opened the scoring with a converted try on 10 minutes but the Tigers got back into the game and threatened the try line with waves of attacks.
However, the unlucky visitors were unable to break through and the home side held on to their lead going into the break.
You may also want to watch:
Handling errors and penalties crept into the Ely game in the second half and Stowmarket took advantage to score a try and penalty to extend their lead to 17-0.
A try in the final minute gave the home side a flattering 22-0 victory.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Greene King Premier League
Cambridge Exiles 12 Ely Tigers II 43
TIGERS dominated and James Denning's opening try was quickly followed by Mark Egerton's try and Pete Vousden's conversion.
Craig Rands touched down for his first try but Exiles scored twice to make the half-time score 17-12 to Ely.
Tigers upped their game after the break and tries from Tom Evans and Lee Benzie gave the visitors a 29-12 lead.
A penalty try was awarded when Rands broke through and he rounded off the scoring with a try in the corner. Both scores were converted by Vousden to guide Ely to a 43-12 win.