Mirek sweeps the board for Comrades
SOHAM Comrades’ Mirek Pazdzior and Impington’s Tracey Sambrook both took home three winner’s trophies from a tournament held in Soham on Sunday.
Mirek was in superb form all day, beating Patrick Mohan in an exciting all-attacking semi final and then beating Martin Freeland to gain the men’s singles title.
He then teamed up with Freeland to win the men’s doubles against Liam and Kieran Mohan and followed this with another win against Liam in the final of the veteran’s singles – though Liam had some consolation in holding the over 50’s singles for the fifth year running.
Sambrook won the ladies’ singles against Amy Catlin. She was then joined by Melissa Rule to take the ladies’ doubles and then by Liam to win the mixed doubles. Ed Emmerson put in a good days work winning the junior singles and handicap singles and then the junior doubles with Ben Brown. Emmerson also finished runner-up to Max Schwiening in the under 15 singles. The Haddenham Club enjoyed a most successful day with eight members taking home a trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Singles: Mirek Pazdzior beat Martin Freeland.
Men’s Doubles: Mirek Pazdzior and Martin Freeland beat Liam and Kieran Mohan
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Ladies’ singles: Tracey Sambrook beat Amy Catlin
Ladies’ Doubles: Tracey Sambrook and Melissa Rule beat Amy Catlin and Jannett Klinke
Mixed Doubles: Liam Mohan and Tracey Sambrook beat Patrick Mohan and Jannett Klinke
Junior Singles: Ed Emmerson beat Tom Bicknell
Junior Doubles: Ed Emmerson and Ben Brown beat Howard and David Leek
Under 15s Singles: Max Schwiening beat Ed Emmerson
Veteran’s Singles: Mirek Pazdzior beat Liam Mohan
Over 50s Singles: Liam Mohan beat Jeff Catlin
Unseeded Doubles: Ju Young and Hugo Brown beat Fred Cheung and James Nicholls
Handicap Singles: Ed Emmerson beat Kieran Mohan
Regular Players Singles: Robin Gammon beat Melissa Rule.