Mildenhall top despite bad day at Market
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Needham Market 3 Mildenhall Town 2 MILDENHALL suffered their first defeat in 10 games in this top of the table clash, but still lead the division on goal difference. Town, recently awarded Ridgeons League Team of the Month
Needham Market 3
Mildenhall Town 2
You may also want to watch:
MILDENHALL suffered their first defeat in 10 games in this top of the table clash, but still lead the division on goal difference.
Town, recently awarded Ridgeons League Team of the Month for September, were ultimately made to pay for sloppy defending.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The hosts to took a 2-0 lead, with both goals coming from set pieces, after slack marking in the Mildenhall defence.
Gareth Simpson pulled a goal back for Mildenhall, with a deflected shot, after a Wayne Goddard long-throw.
Neal Docking almost equalised before half-time when his scorching 25-yard drive grazed the crossbar.
Early chances were created at either end in the second half with Goddard curling a free- kick narrowly over the crossbar before Mildenhall goalkeeper Nower made a decent one-handed save.
Needham extended their lead, 10 minutes into the half, with a quick counter-attack which ended with a cross into Snell who headed into the bottom corner.
This goal sparked a reaction and Mildenhall went on to create several chances with Docking and Graham Rush coming close.
Jamie Alsop then came to Mildenhall's rescue by heading off the line.
The visitors were given hope when Needham had a player sent off for a second booking.
Docking came desperately close to pulling a goal back in the last 10 minutes, but Mildenhall were unable to score.
n Mildenhall's next match is at home against Halstead Town in the league on Saturday.