Mildenhall level with Soham
MILDENHALL Town are level on points with Soham in the Ridgeons Premier following a good 3-0 win at home to Woodbridge Town on Satruday. Matty Clements opened the scoring before Ben Cranfield s penalty and Craig Hammond s third secured the three points. To
MILDENHALL Town are level on points with Soham in the Ridgeons Premier following a good 3-0 win at home to Woodbridge Town on Satruday.
Matty Clements opened the scoring before Ben Cranfield's penalty and Craig Hammond's third secured the three points.
Town manager Trevor Munns said: "We did well and we got better as the game went on.
"They were a good side going forward but once we got the first goal I was confident that we would get the result."
You may also want to watch:
However, the victory came at a cost and goal-scorer Clements faces at least two weeks out after cracking two ribs.
Andy Lodge will also spend time on the sidelines after sustaining an ankle injury.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Man found dead in March
The Mildenhall squad will also be missing Liam Harrold, who has decided to leave the club.
Munns said: "Liam decided that he wanted to move on and we came to a mutual decision to let him go. It looks likely that he will now move to a UCL team.
"With Craig Hammond due to start a five-week suspension and Andy Claydon still out we are a bit light up front and we may have to look at bringing in a forward."
Town entertain St Ives Town in the FA Cup preliminary round on Saturday.