Fen Tigers pull off finals 'coup' ahead of speedway summer
- Credit: Archant
Two major finals events will be coming to the home of Mildenhall Fen Tigers this summer.
The Fen Tigers will stage the British under-19 final at West Row on Sunday, August 22, where ex-Mildenhall star Drew Kemp will go for a hat-trick of wins in the event.
Greg Palmer, co-promoter at Mildenhall Fen Tigers, said: “This is another exciting moment for us and our supporters.
“To hold such an event at Mildenhall is quite a coup and we will do everything we can to guarantee it is a day to remember in the history of Mildenhall Speedway for all the right reasons.”
It was also confirmed that West Row will host the second British under-21 semi-final on Sunday, June 6, one week after the first semi-final at Newcastle.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk outfit will work alongside British Speedways Promoters Ltd on other high-profile events to coincide with their National Development League campaign.
The club said: “With the delayed start and truncated season, it has not been an easy task, added to which the Euros football final and Cardiff Speedway Grand Prix on successive weekends in July have taken away valuable summer Sundays.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 5 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 6 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 7 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
“We will announce our dates as soon as possible, but would be grateful to supporters for their understanding that the usual flow of meetings we attempt to have in a normal season may not be achieved so successfully this year.”