Fen Tigers pull off finals 'coup' ahead of speedway summer
- Credit: Archant
Two major finals events will be coming to the home of Mildenhall Fen Tigers this summer.
The Fen Tigers will stage the British under-19 final at West Row on Sunday, August 22, where ex-Mildenhall star Drew Kemp will go for a hat-trick of wins in the event.
Greg Palmer, co-promoter at Mildenhall Fen Tigers, said: “This is another exciting moment for us and our supporters.
“To hold such an event at Mildenhall is quite a coup and we will do everything we can to guarantee it is a day to remember in the history of Mildenhall Speedway for all the right reasons.”
It was also confirmed that West Row will host the second British under-21 semi-final on Sunday, June 6, one week after the first semi-final at Newcastle.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk outfit will work alongside British Speedways Promoters Ltd on other high-profile events to coincide with their National Development League campaign.
The club said: “With the delayed start and truncated season, it has not been an easy task, added to which the Euros football final and Cardiff Speedway Grand Prix on successive weekends in July have taken away valuable summer Sundays.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
“We will announce our dates as soon as possible, but would be grateful to supporters for their understanding that the usual flow of meetings we attempt to have in a normal season may not be achieved so successfully this year.”