Edwards shines as Mildenhall Fen Tigers surge to the top
- Credit: Derek Leader
Jason Edwards produced a stylish display to send Mildenhall Fen Tigers surging to the summit of the National Development League.
Edwards’ 18-point maximum helped deliver a 61-29 victory over Berwick Bullets on Sunday, as well as going to within a second of the track record in his opening ride.
The win was somewhat overshadowed by the loss of Berwick riders Ben Rathbone and Luke Crang who both pulled out after they crashed into the first bend air fence in heat three.
Sam Bebee excelled at reserve alongside captain Jordan Jenkins to score 11 points each at West Row.
Nathan Ablitt also shone with 10 points, while Elliot Kelly contributed to the rout.
The Fen Tigers were due to be at Armadale on Friday, which has been postponed and face Kent in a league clash on October 19.
Mildenhall Fen Tigers: Edwards 18 (6 rides), Jenkins 11+3 (5), Bebee 11+1 (5), Ablitt 10+1 (5), Terry-Daley 6+3 (5) Kelly 5+3 (4).
- 1 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 4 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 5 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 9 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 10 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
Berwick: Bickley 9 (5 rides), Blair 8 (5), Kieran Douglas 7+2 (7), Mason Watson 3 (5), Ryan MacDonald 1 (4), Crang 1 (1 ride W/D) and Rathbone 0 (1 ride W/D).