Edwards shines as Mildenhall Fen Tigers surge to the top
- Credit: Derek Leader
Jason Edwards produced a stylish display to send Mildenhall Fen Tigers surging to the summit of the National Development League.
Edwards’ 18-point maximum helped deliver a 61-29 victory over Berwick Bullets on Sunday, as well as going to within a second of the track record in his opening ride.
The win was somewhat overshadowed by the loss of Berwick riders Ben Rathbone and Luke Crang who both pulled out after they crashed into the first bend air fence in heat three.
Sam Bebee excelled at reserve alongside captain Jordan Jenkins to score 11 points each at West Row.
Nathan Ablitt also shone with 10 points, while Elliot Kelly contributed to the rout.
The Fen Tigers were due to be at Armadale on Friday, which has been postponed and face Kent in a league clash on October 19.
Mildenhall Fen Tigers: Edwards 18 (6 rides), Jenkins 11+3 (5), Bebee 11+1 (5), Ablitt 10+1 (5), Terry-Daley 6+3 (5) Kelly 5+3 (4).
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 7 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 8 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
Berwick: Bickley 9 (5 rides), Blair 8 (5), Kieran Douglas 7+2 (7), Mason Watson 3 (5), Ryan MacDonald 1 (4), Crang 1 (1 ride W/D) and Rathbone 0 (1 ride W/D).