NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Crushing injury blow as Ely City star ruled out for the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely City have been dealt a huge injury blow.
Influential midfielder Jamie Thurlbourne has been ruled out for the rest of the season after the full extent of a knee injury was confirmed.
An MRI scan showed Thurlbourne suffered a ruptured ACL in a recent Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division victory against Gorleston and he now requires an operation.
“It’s a huge disappointment for Jamie and a massive loss to the club because he has been fantastic on and off the pitch for us,” said City manager Brady Stone.
“Hopefully Jamie can get his operation sorted as quickly as possible and then get started on what will be a long recovery process from a very serious injury.”
You may also want to watch:
Stone accepts it will be difficult to draft in a like-for-like replacement, but he is keen to add a new face to his squad.
He added: “It is very tough to replace someone of Jamie’s quality, but we’ll be looking to bring in a player with a bit of attacking flair in the next couple of weeks.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review