Mepal Sports end 11-month winless streak with victory over Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
Mepal Sports ended their 11-month search for a win on Saturday after beating Mildenhall United 4-2 in an entertaining encounter.
Mepal, who were without a win since November of last year, came from behind twice to seal the points against Suffolk side Mildenhall and experience their first win in the Newmarket Motor Company 2B division this season.
Mepal went behind twice in the game, but goals from Ryan Lowe, Jaz Jatana and a double from Josh Lucas sealed the home side’s win, much to the relief and delight of Mepal boss Martin Pettitt.
Pettitt, who took over as manager of the first team last year, praised his squad after the win.
He said: “We’re a young squad building for the future so it’s nice to finally get a win. There’s a lot of 16 and 17 olds coming through the ranks here and the future is looking bright for the club.”
Pettitt’s men will be hoping they can replicate their performance from the weekend against higher-level Fordham when they clash in the Creake Charity Shield on Saturday.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash