Mepal Sports end 11-month winless streak with victory over Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
Mepal Sports ended their 11-month search for a win on Saturday after beating Mildenhall United 4-2 in an entertaining encounter.
Mepal, who were without a win since November of last year, came from behind twice to seal the points against Suffolk side Mildenhall and experience their first win in the Newmarket Motor Company 2B division this season.
Mepal went behind twice in the game, but goals from Ryan Lowe, Jaz Jatana and a double from Josh Lucas sealed the home side’s win, much to the relief and delight of Mepal boss Martin Pettitt.
Pettitt, who took over as manager of the first team last year, praised his squad after the win.
He said: “We’re a young squad building for the future so it’s nice to finally get a win. There’s a lot of 16 and 17 olds coming through the ranks here and the future is looking bright for the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Pettitt’s men will be hoping they can replicate their performance from the weekend against higher-level Fordham when they clash in the Creake Charity Shield on Saturday.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on