Men's Hockey Round-Up
HOCKEY Ely I 3 Wisbech II 5 ELY experimented tactically for their last game against Wisbech II but found themselves 3-0 down within ten minutes. A short corner was then finished by Richard Vincett, but Wisbech scored again. Ely regrouped and began to do
Ely I 3 Wisbech II 5
ELY experimented tactically for their last game against Wisbech II but found themselves 3-0 down within ten minutes.
A short corner was then finished by Richard Vincett, but Wisbech scored again.
You may also want to watch:
Ely regrouped and began to dominate, and Fez Abbas - the only Ely regular player not to score so far this season - managed to squeeze a flick past the Wisbech goalkeeper to make it 4-2 at half-time.
Ely came out in dominant mood and Tom Rutledge quickly found the backboard for his second of the season, but with 10 minutes to go a soft goal crept in to secure Wisbech's win.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Ely I: Ash Gilmour, Joel Gilmour, Richard Vincett, Fez Abbas, Julian Palmer, Tom Rutledge, Chris Purlant, Stu Clarke, Grant Gilmour, Ed Hugo, Tommy Hugo, Chris Vincett (Captain), Simon Webb.
Ely City IV 4 March Town V 1
MARCH V arrived at Ely to play Ely City IV in a re-arranged match.
The young March side had already won the title, having clinched it last week at City of Peterborough.
Ely went ahead within five minutes, and the March defence then had to be on its toes to keep out a couple of penalty corner attempts from the Ely forwards.
March equalised after 15 minutes, but Ely regained the lead two minutes later and March did well to contain their opponents leading up to the break.
The home side added a third goal almost from the restart however, and wrapped up the game and the points with a fourth goal, with Alex Spence and Matt Warby both scoring twice.