Medals for Ely fighters at championship event
- Credit: Archant
Ely fighters Cerys Easey and Hanna Sikora performed superbly to come away with medals from the British Tae Kwon-do Council Championships, held in Worcester.
Easey came first and third in the red belt sparring and team sparring events respectively, while Sikora took second place in the blue belt sparring competition.
The championships were held at the Worcester Arena and saw 10 fighting host 500 competitors and 100 officials.
Both girls train at the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-do, based in the Paradise Centre, Ely.
Mark Farnham said: “The event was made open to ladies and children only to all the major Associations in the UK, so it was a very good event to judge how good a competitor is compared to others throughout the country, over many different associations.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in learning tae kwon-do can contact Mark on 07771644460 or visit www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody