Medal haul for young Ely fighters
- Credit: Archant
Tae Kwon-do ELY fighters from the Mark Farnham School brought home 10 titles from the TAGB Midlands Championships held in Kettering late last month.
There were 15 fighting areas running throughout the day with more than 800 competitors taking part in pattern, sparring, team sparring and black belt destruction events.
Of the Ely pupils competing on the day, eight fighters brought home a total of 10 awards.
Ely pupils will now turn their attentions to the world championships, which take place in July, in Coventry.
Anyone interested in learning a martial art in a fun, friendly atmosphere should contact Mark on 07771644460 or visit www.mftkd.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Results: J Barnes, boys tag team sparring 3rd, A Figgins, boys black belt sparring 3rd,
G Kulish, boys red belt sparring 3rd, G Kulish, boys tag team sparring 3rd, V Kulish, boys red belt sparring 3rd, C Lord, girls black belt sparring 3rd, C Lord, girls tag team sparring 1st, B O’Dell, boys tag team sparring 3rd, S O’Dell, boys tag team sparring 3rd, J Boydell, boys tag team sparring, 3rd.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack