McGraw to the fore as Ely Cycling Club’s course record tumbles
- Credit: Archant
Cycling Ely and District Cycling Club’s Open 10 time trial course record was smashed at the weekend.
A group of 39 riders lined up at the start to take on the challenging 10-mile Mepal to Witcham course.
But it was the last rider to leave, David McGraw, of Cambridge Cycling Club, who claimed the top spot and the course record in a time of 21 minutes 11 seconds.
Kieran Brady, of CityCycleCentre.com, finished second in 22minutes 3seconds, with Jeremy Hargrave coming in third in 22 minutes and 8 seconds.
The leading Ely rider was Matt Eley, who finished in seventh place, in a time of 23 minutes and 9 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
The event also saw more success for Cambridge CC, with McGaw, Martin Reynolds and Joey Halloran, taking the team prize. Other home club riders taking part were, Tom Sykes (24:10), Phillip Gosling (24:37), Chris Brown (25:39), Geoff Brewster (25:53), Will Shepherd (25:59), Martin Holland (26:09) and Michael Greunberger (26:31).
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told