Matt leads the way for Ely in Norfolk race
- Credit: Archant
Cycling Ely and District Cycling Club members headed to Tottenhill, in Norfolk, to take part in the Good Friday King’s Lynn 10.
There was a field of 51 riders at the start line, with Ely club members, Matt Eley, Cliff Loveday, Colin and Celia Whitechurch and Liam Walker taking part.
And it was Eley who led the club home, carrying on his rich early season form by finishing in third place, in a time of 23 minutes and 31 seconds.
The winner was former King’s Lynn rider, Daniel Bloy, who recorded a time of 21 minutes and 58 seconds.
Making it a clean sweep for Team Velo Velocity was Matthew Webster, finishing in 22 minutes and 56 seconds. Ely’s Cliff Loveday finished in 17th place in a time of 25 minutes and 30 seconds, Colin Whitechurch came home in 22nd place in a time of 26 minutes and 53 seconds, Liam Walker recoded a time of 29 minutes and 42 seconds to finish in 42nd place, with Celia Whitechuch finishing in 48th place with a time of 32 minutes and 38 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Bloy 21:58, Matthew Webster 22:56, Matt Eley 23:31, Danny Watkins 23:52, Simon Hardy 24:10, David Proctor 24:16, Ben Keeley 24:16, Stuart Emmett 24:23, Jamie Standen 24:28, James Bevan 24:33, Matthew Senter 24:34, Myles Higby 24:43, Ken Roesner 24:51, Gary Smith 25:05, Mike McInerney 25:07, James Dewart 25:17, Cliff Loveday 25:30, David Webster 25:46, Andrew Ward 26:03, John Brown 26:20, Jonny Appleby 26:29, Colin Whitechurch 26:53, Jacob Marshall-Grint 26:53, Richard Balaam 27:08, David Young 27:16, Pete Baldwin 27:18, Miles Thomas 27:18, Andy Smith 27:28, Elaine Roesner 27:40, Kersten Muller 27:49, Paul Sime 27:58, Marcus Hopkins 28:01, John Steed 28:15, Kevin Piggott 28:16, Adrian Whiting 28:26, Alex Harrison 28:41, Lou Chmpion 29:09, Mark Eastwood 29:11, P Nobbs 29:15, Donna Scott 29:38, Emma Thonpson 29:41, Liam Walker 29:42, Martin Ive 29:56, Maria Frary 30:35, Philip Seaman 30:50, Nicola Pocklington 32:31, Julie Allum 32:37, Celia Whitechurch 32:38, Kirsty Bunting 33:55, Paulette Want 38:15, Denese Hallahan DNF
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident