MARTIAL ARTS: Strike fighters from Soham ease to victories at Norwich show
- Credit: Archant
Fighters at a Soham kickboxing and boxing club certainly lived up to its name at a regional competition earlier this month.
Two talents from Strike Kickboxing and Boxing Club – Connor Forder and Ryan Morement – eased to victory at the Norwich Kickboxing Series on June 3.
Forder clinched his win by means of a unanimous points decision while Morement stopped his opponent in the first round.
The Ross Peers Sports Centre-based fighters are trained by instructors Mark Wells and Justin Strawson.
Justin said: “Mark and I are very proud to be a part of watching their skills grow and going the distance with tough opponents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are the new kids on the block - but after today I’m sure we have been noticed.”
The club runs two classes on Tuesdays (children’s, 5.15pm to 6.15 then 6.20 to 7.20, adults 7.30 to 8.45) and Fridays (adult 6.30pm to 7.30 and 7.30 to 8.45).
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
For more information, call 01353 722662.